Saturday, February 13, 2010

Lost in the big city

A million sets of eyes peering out at me,

I look around wondering which ones are yours.
Cars gliding as fast as darts and arrows,
Flying, brushing, pushing past.

Drunkards, prostitutes, druggies,
Lost just like me amongst all the smoke and bright lights.
They are all people looking for themselves,
I pray that they find themselves before it’s too late.

Cold unwanted hands clutch my anxious shoulders,
Too strong, too rough, too determined, I can’t break free.
My teeth sink into a forest of coarse, stiff hair,
I hear him screaming; swearing as I dart into the busy road.

I sense voices around me but none of them are yours,
I see my body lifeless on the bitter stone concrete.
I dream for you to come and find me.

Please take me home.

No comments:

Post a Comment