Monday, December 21, 2009

The Colorless Rose

This is a poem I wrote earlier last year. It is about depression and how sometimes we can feel we are not meeting the expectations set out by our families.

The Colorless Rose

I am looking through beautiful rose colored glass,
Picturesque window seals elaborated with gold.
Though time has passed my world is still black and white,
My thoughts remain dark spacious and cold.

In an imperfect world one still needs to be perfect,
Though I am a scentless, colorless rose.
Death will soon take a toll on the worthless flowers,
Leaving a merciless, heart filled dying note.

Goodbye my friend, family or lover,
A rose is worthless without its color.
Remember me as a once perfect friend,
The petals are falling, this is the end.

Remember me when the rose petals blow,
This is the story of the colorless rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment