Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What I now know for sure

After reading the Oprah’s list of all the things she now knows for sure about life, I’ve decided to compose my own what I know for sure list.

1. Believe in God, he creates miracles
I can honestly say now, the best thing that has ever happened in my life is giving my heart to God. He is my consolidation, my best friend. Without God, life would have no moral, no purpose, no meaning. With God, I have the inner strength to fight for what I believe is right and to strive for my dreams.

2. Nobody will dip their hands in the fire for you
Nobody will risk their own life for you, that is why you need to take care of yourself and never put your life on hold for someone else.

3. Family comes before friends
This is really common sense. Friends are temporary and they’re good for a laugh at the best of times. But through rain, hail and snow, no matter what hardships you face you will realize family are the only people you can really turn to for help.

4. There is no such thing as true love
Love is temporary, your prince charming will not love you when your face is wrinkled and you’re suffering from arthritis.

5. Never put your life on hold for someone else
Because sooner or later they'll let you down

6. If in doubt, don’t do it
Follow your gut feeling, it won’t mislead you.

7. Hard work really does pay off
When you've put in the effort, you're bound to see the results.

8. It’s okay to disagree
We are special because we have different minds that think differently. As I've learnt from debating, there is never a definite answer to a problem. Except maybe in math.

9. Nothing lasts forever
Especially not true love! Love ends, friendship ends, life ends.

I will be creating a new 'What I now know for sure' list every month to express what new principles I have learnt that month.

No comments:

Post a Comment